Wednesday, May 2, 2012

WiP Wednesday #8

Welcome to another WiP Wendesday! I've decided to buckle down this month and really knock out a UFO (Unfinished Object) or two. Have you set any deadlines or goals for this month?

I'm going to get this Garfield quilt done, oh yes I am. It's been a real exercise in repeating the mantra, "It doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful." If I insist on it being perfect, it will never get finished. That doesn't mean I'm intentionally being sloppy, just that I'm not going to go back and rip out an entire seam because the stitch lengths are marginally too long/too short/imperfect in some other way.

A shot of the border.

I'll admit, my work is pretty humble compared to most of the links last week. With so many beautiful works in progress, it's hard to just pick a couple to feature! Thank you so much to everyone who has participated.

Sweet Dreams by Sarah shared a few project, including her very first swoon block. I love seeing people trying new things. It's scary, but worth it.


Click on the photo above to see more of Sarah's work, or visit her sweet Etsy shop.

Have you ever looked at something and thought, "Now that's an art quilt." That's exactly what ran through my mind when I checked out Kathy's High Fibre Art Diet. Doesn't this make you stop in your tracks?



That's the effect it had on me. Click on the photo for a closer look, or visit Kathy's Etsy shop to see more of her gorgeous creations.

Now it's your turn! Let's see what you've got. :)

Quiltsy WiP

2 comments:

Collette said...

love that Garfield border and I love your mantra I think I should begin chanting that!!! x

Terry Aske Art Quilts said...

Totally agree with the sentiment that it doesn't have to be perfect. I have to keep reminding myself that one is ever likely to look as closely at my quilts as I am when they're on the sewing machine. And besides, a handmade work of art by it's very nature, is not perfect - it's handmade!