Wednesday, June 6, 2012

WiP Wednesday #13

Welcome to Work In Progress (WiP) Wednesday here at the Quiltsy Team Blog. As usual, I'm Jerimi, from Three Cat Limit. If you're new to link parties, this is where team members can share a link to their blog (or Picassa, or Flickr, etc) to show off something they've been working on. You can jump in anytime between now and Monday night. I hope you'll consider giving us a peek at your work! Each week I try to feature someone (or someones who shared a WiP with us.

Since my sewing machine has been broken, I've been shaking the rust off my book arts interest. In other words, I've been turning this:



Into these:



It's been a lot of fun, and actually a nice change of pace. I'd forgotten how much fun it is to make little books. You can click on any of the photos to go read more about my WiPs. We had great participation last week, and I can't wait any longer to brag on a few of our team members.

Sweet Dreams by Sarah shared progress on a quilt top. Her blog cracks me up! Seriously, check out her quilt lament: "And if she HAD to get married, why did she have to marry such a tall dude?" Who hasn't been there? Love it.



You can see more of her work at her Etsy shop, or click on the photo above to get a chuckle out of reading her blog.

Wayne Virts from Ramblings of a Mat Quilter shared some holiday-themed quilting. Only 6 more months until Christmas! It seems like a long time now, but wait until August. There's never enough time to get everything done. But I digress. LOOK at this bit of beauty:



Our team members are crazy talented. You can click on the photo above to read more, or here to see what's gracing Wayne's Etsy shop.

Last, but definitely not least, there's Dawn Stewart from Spring Water Designs. She took this challenge one step further and shared a genuine finish with us.



I stand in happy awe of her mad quilting skills. You can read more about it by clicking on the photo, or see more of her work at her Etsy shop.

Ready to join the fun? The link party will be open between now and Monday evening. You can add your link anytime between now and then.
Quiltsy WiP

1 comment:

Collette said...

lovely work and super talented! sorry I didn't link up but will do this week! x